A holiday home is beautiful, but it can also be hazardous. Stay safer and keep the holidays happy by heeding these tips:
- If you have a tree, make sure it is well secured. If necessary, use cord to tie it back to a wall. This is especially important if you have pets or small children.
- If yours is a live tree, keep it watered continuously.
- Before adding lights - indoors or out - check them for frays or broken wires.
- Don't overload your extension cords!
- Be sure that all electrical cords are tucked out of the way where they can't become a tripping hazard.
- Remember that many of your favorite holiday treats can be deadly for cats and dogs - avoid leaving them where a cat or dog can reach them. Chocolate Santas don't belong under the