For many, the kitchen is the heart of the home. As such, its appearance can make or break the sale of your Vancouver home.
So what can you do inexpensively to create a "Wow" factor and help your home sell faster – and perhaps for more money?
First, make everything sparkle, start with cleaning and de-cluttering.
Then get rid of everything you don't actually use. Make room inside the cabinets for those appliances that you do use often, then put them out of sight.
Take down the refrigerator magnets and kid's drawings and pack them for transport to your next home. Move the family calendar to an office or bedroom.
Strive for clutter-free counter-tops.
- If the kitchen window sills or the wooden back splashes have become discolored, either sand them down and re-stain /re-seal them or paint them.
- If you have caulking that is discolored or coming loose, take it out and replace it.
- Repaint – the walls or the cabinetry or both.
- Replace outdated or worn cabinet and drawer pulls.
- Add some color in the form of pretty kitchen towels, a colorful vase of flowers, or both.
- If you have ceiling light fixtures that look outdated, replace them. If the fixtures are fine, make them shine, then install new light bulbs.
- If your counter-tops are worn or damaged, consider replacing them. This is the most expensive item on the list, but the counter-tops could be a deciding factor in whether your house sells, or for what price.